“Guided by the grace of the Holy Spirit, our Father Founder responded to the needs of the time by founding an apostolic congregation of sisters who would dedicate themselves to God, loved above all things, following the Immaculate Handmaid of the Lord”
– (taken from the Constitutions)
On May 3, 1850, three village young women from the village of Podrzecze started to work with children from the neighboring villages under the spiritual guidance of Blessed Edmund Bojanowski.
This was the beginning of the creation of the Little Servant Sisters of the Immaculate Conception.
God blessed the work of His Servant. His congregation developed and spread to all parts of Poland which at that time was portioned out between its three powerful neighbors (Russia, Prussia, and Austria). This led to the division of the Congregation into a federation of four autonomous religious institutes which nevertheless remained faithful to the spirituality and charism of their Founder, in a Federation.
“Through Mary to Jesus”